So I have decided that this year will be a year of self discovery. I want to know who I really am, and what I want to do with my time, and who I want to surround myself with.
Here is a list of all the things I want to achieve in 2017. I am not the type of person to make new years resolutions but this year is going to be different. So, without further hesitation, this is what I want to achieve this coming year:
1. Not give a shit – I don’t want to worry about other peoples opinions of me anymore. I’m sick of doing things or more commonly not doing things because I am too afraid to be judged by my peers. So if you know me personally and am reading this, welcome, and believe me when I say that I don’t care what you think of this blog.
2. Do The Things I Love Unapologetically – I am going to do all the things I love to do and this year I ‘m not going to apologise, because in previous years I have apologised for being good at stuff or made up excuses for why I’m good at things instead of being proud of myself.
3. Say Yes! – I am going to say yes to every opportunity I get, because I have the habit of letting myself not try anything new and just doing the same old things.
4. Be louder – I have a tendency to be quiet. I can be loud and confident, but its just easier to be quiet and let people forget I’m even in the room, so this year I am going to try and be that person that everyone notices when I’m not there, because the room is unusually quiet.
5. Not Judge People – I am going to try as hard as possible to not talk about people behind their back unless its something nice, and if any of my friends say anything mean about someone behind their back I’ll simply say something nice about the person. I don’t want to make my friends feel bad talking about people behind their back when its something I so unconsciously do.
6. Compliment People More – If I notice something I really like about someone, I’m going to let them know.
7. Eat Better – This year, I am going to try and eat really well and try and cut out as much refined sugar as possible. I am also considering becoming vegetarian or pescetarian but I’m not sure yet.
8. Be Bubblier – I want to radiate happiness. I want to be that person that everybody is glad to be around because they always just make you smile and make you so happy.
9. Read Classics – I am going to try and read a chapter of a classic novel every day. One chapter a day. Thats all. I want to become more experienced in this world and that one way.
10. Get a job – I want to at least get a start in the working. I honestly can’t wait to get a job, the only real thing holding me back, other than my age, is my fear of handing in resumés.
11. Go to the beach more – I like the beach, it’s just sometimes its like I forget that I live near the beach and I don’t go for 6 weeks and then all of a sudden I’ll just remember that I haven’t gone to the beach in ages.
12. Keep in contact with old friends – I have a tendency to lose contact with people I don’t see often. I’ll sort of just stop messaging them and then I’ll remember and I’ll be like, “oh, I haven’t spoken to that person in ages,” so this year the goal is to not lose contact.
13. Be friendlier and make more friends – As mentioned before, I have a habit of being too quiet. It’s like I forget that I can talk and I sort of fade into myself and I don’t want to do that anymore. I am going to try and be really friendly to everyone I meet.
14. Discover new music – I want to expand my music library. I have said before that I basically live for music so I want to find something new to love.
15. Create something new – I want to create watercolour artworks to put all around my room and make my room a brighter place.
16. See live music – I want to experience live music again. I have been to concerts but I’d also like to see live music in a more intimate setting.
17. Be more connected with the world around me – This year, I want to really live in the moment. I want to look back on the year and remember all the fun things I did.
What are your New Years Resolutions? Let me know and feel free to follow me on my Instagram, I tend to update my life on that too!